We're honored that you've chosen to host your activity/event at Unity Des Plaines. We're blessed by your presence here, and we truly appreciate your working with us to maintain and care for our property and grounds. We strive to make each rental a blessed experience for all parties.
Therefore, we provide the following policies and guidelines.
1. A Deposit of half the total rental fee is required with a signed contract to reserve date. The total rental fee is determined by the nature of the event and the duration of the rental.
2. Rental must be paid in full before access to the property will be permitted.
3. Facility use is hourly, unless otherwise determined and specifically noted.
4. Deposits are refundable in full up to three (3) weeks prior to the event. Within 3 weeks of event date, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
5. The security deposit is fully refundable if all areas are left clean, tables and chairs are returned to their original position, and there is no damage to the church. See 5. a. and 5. b. below for additional details.
6. If you have an Event Planner, we require 4 weeks notice along with their name, e-mail address, and phone number.The Event Planner must share the event plan details with UDP not less than 3 weeks before the event. The event plan must be preapproved by UDP. Unity Des Plaines may provide a Service Coordinator to help plan event layout, format, and set up. UDP does not provide physical assistance with decorating, setting up or cleaning up.
7. Assistance with arranging for musicians can be provided, based on event and availability. Musicians are to be paid separately. See below.
8. Renter may utilize a minister other than UDP’s. We require full name and contact information 3 weeks prior to the event.
Building/Grounds Use Policies
1. All facility renters are required to comply with all local, state, and federal statutes and regulations.
2. Renter is responsible for the cost of any damages beyond the amount of security deposit.
3. Rental of the kitchen does not include any utensils, supplies, flatware, cups, or glassware. Renters/caterers must provide these items for their events.
4. Use of the Children’s room must be arranged in advance of the event. Children must always be under adult supervision (18 yrs or older) provided by the renter, and renters are responsible for any damages caused by children.
5. Rental fees do not cover the setting up and taking down of tables and chairs. Please return any furniture which has been moved back to its original location.
a. The renter is responsible for leaving the area in a clean condition and all things returned to their proper places.so that another scheduled event may follow without additional preparation. If the kitchen is used, please ensure that the floor and counter surfaces are clean and ready for its next use.
b. Trash and recycling are to be placed in designated receptacles in the kitchen, hallway, and Fellowship Hall, then bagged and taken outside to the dumpster and recycling bin.
c. All beverage consumption should be limited to the Fellowship Hall. Beverages are not permitted in the sanctuary.
6. No artwork or signs may be removed from the walls. No signs, banners, posters, or notices may be affixed to walls, floors, or ceilings with nails, staples, tape, or any other substance without prior approval from the church. All decorations, other than table top, must be pre-approved.
7. A rental fee is charged for rehearsals and set-ups/take-downs outside the rental time of the primary event.
8. Smoking and alcohol are not permitted anywhere on Unity Des Plaines property.
9. No rice, birdseed, glitter, confetti, or tobacco products may be scattered or thrown on the grounds or in the buildings. Bubbles may be used outside the building only.
Sound/Video and musical instruments:
1. The audio system may only be operated by a Unity Des Plaines operator. An additional fee is required.
2. Any damage to the church’s audio equipment will be deducted from the group’s security deposit. If in excess of the deposit the renter will be billed and is liable for excess damage.
3. Amplified sound, additional electrical requirements, and special lighting must be arranged in advance. (not all options may be available).
4. Musical instruments in the Sanctuary may only be operated by our musicians unless other arrangements have been made and approved before the event.
5. Unity Des Plaines reserves the right to refuse rental to any individual or group without explanation.
6. Disregarding any of these policies may void these terms and necessitate immediate dismissal of the Facility Rental Agreement group, termination of this rental agreement, and forfeiture of deposit(s).
7. The following conditions apply before the facility can be secured for rent:
a. All forms must be completed, signed and returned.
b. The required deposit must be received.
c. All required conditions including any exceptions to this contract, must be agreed upon by Unity Des Plaines and the responsible party.
d. Facility access arrangements must be made and agreed upon in advance.
8. Waiver and Release of Liability
a. In consideration of the agreement extended to “Renter” by Unity Des Plaines, hereafter called “Owner,” for the use of the facilities owned by Owner, under terms as outlined herein, I, on behalf of Renter, its heirs, executor(s), administrator(s), and/or assigns hereby waive, release and forever discharge any and all claims, demands and any causes of action for damages which Renter may at any time have against Owner, its members, ministers, trustees, agents, employees, successors, and /or assigns as a result of any and all injuries suffered by Renter, its members, guests and invitees during or as a result of Renter’s use of said facilities, including, but not limited to, personal injuries and property damages.
b. Further, Renter is advised to purchase their own event insurance. Renter shall list Owner, Unity Des Plaines as Additional Insured with Waiver of Subrogation on their General Liability policy and provide proof of such coverage by providing the Owner a copy of a certificate of insurance. Renter shall defend, hold harmless and indemnify Owner from any and all claims, causes of action and lawsuits arising out of Renter’s use of said premises, including the incursion of attorney’s fee and court costs as a result of the defense of any such claim, cause of action or lawsuit by “Owner.”
c. Unity Des Plaines reserves the right to require Event Insurance for any specific event. Insurance required will be determined by the size and type of event as well as any specific activities anticipated during a given event. Insurance requirements will be determined and communicated to the renter prior to the finalization and signing of this contract. Should insurance be required, Unity Des Plaines must be named as an Additional Insured for the period of the Event Insurance coverage.
-If music is needed, please arrange with Music Director. Music fees to be arranged separately with Music Director.
-If UDP Minister needed, all fees arranged separately with UDP minister.
-Booking host is responsible for clean up. Given the areas reented are clean, items are returned to their original state, and no damage, the security deposit will be refunded in full.
All fees are subject to change with notice. The UDP minister can negotiate pricing for Renters (if no acting minister at time of rental Church Board will handle this).
Please contact the church office regarding UDP Facility Rental (847) 297-0997